Do you have the necessary legal documents and advance directives in place for end of life care and medical emergencies?bYou can take several approaches to these documents. For example, you can hire an attorney to do them for you. Or, go out on the Internet find what you need, get them completed and executed.
Here is a list of the some of the documents you need, or might need.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances gives someone called a trustee the power to make legal and financial decisions for the person with Alzheimer’s dementia.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care gives someone called a proxy the power to make health care decisions for the person with Alzheimer’s dementia.
- Living Will states the person’s wishes for health care at the end of life.
- Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) this form tells health care staff how the person wants end-of-life health care managed.
- Will tells how the person wants his or her property and money to be divided among those left behind.
- Living Trust tells someone called a trustee how to distribute a person’s property and money
You can contact your State Attorney Generals’ Office to obtain help and advice.
Thanks to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and Caring Connections you can get all or most of the documents you need on one website.
Earlier this week our Katy Cottage residents had a special treat from a local singing and dancing group. One-A-Chord is a Christian singing and entertainment group that provides uplifting programs for residents of retirement, nursing and assisted living homes. The group began in 1995 and originally consisted of all ladies. Throughout the years the group […]
As many of you know by now, AutumnGrove Cottage is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. All throughout the year we are going to share stories, past and present, of our cottages, residents, staff members and families. To kick things off, our Heights Cottage will be in the spotlight for the month of January. Nestled […]
I found this Christmas poem that fits perfectly with AutumnGrove Cottage’s values of caring for others and their families. Merry Christmas everyone! Christmas Lesson Christmas is a special time To give, to serve, to love It isn’t just about yourself, But others that you think of The presents, the trees, the glowing lights Are fun […]